250 grams tuvar daal
200 grams wheat flour
3 green chilies
3 tbsp green chili paste
50 grams groundnut
25 grams cashewnut,
1 tbsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Mustard seeds,3-4 cloves
2 cinnamon, 2 tomatoes
1 tbsp Tamarind 100 grams brown sugar
Salt To Taste
1 tbsp Garam masala
1 tsp Ajama 4-5 tbsp.Oil
2 tbsp Red chili powder asafetida
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
3-4 tbsp. Ghee
Submitted by rehanak55 on Thu, 2007-04-05 10:52
- Shift wheat flour. Add salt, turmeric powder, ajama, red chili powder. Mix well. Add oil and knead the flour to roti like consistency.
- Wash tuver dal and pressure cook it for three whistles.
- Cool and remove the dal. Heat oil and ghee in a pot, then put cloves and cinnamon and then add mustard leaves.
- When they crackle add curry leaves, green chilies and a pinch of asafetida. Pour tover dal.
- Mix tamarind and brown sugar water, cashew nuts, groundnut, garam masala, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add tomato pulp, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water. Boil the dal. roll out big rotis and cut them into pieces and add these pieces in boiling dal.
- Boil for 10 minutes and remove. Serve the dal dhokli warm. Sprinkle cilantro leaves.
Note: Prepare kachori of green peas or of any other vegetable or coconut and add in boiling curry.