Mushroom-Macaroni Hot Pot
Submitted by zainab_y on Thu, 2010-06-03 05:12
- Blend the tomatoes in a mixie. Pass through a strainer and remove the juice. Mix the tomato juice with sugar, one tsp. chilli powder and salt in a heavy bottomed pan and let it boil for 15 minutes. Heat ghee in a kadai, add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown. Add mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, green peas, chilli powder and salt. Stir well. Cook for two to three minutes. Remove from heat. Grease a baking dish and spread the boiled macaroni at the base. Spread the fried vegetables over it, followed by the cooked tomato juice. Top with grated cheese and bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- 1 kg. tomatoes;
- 100 g. macaroni, boiled;
- 100 g. mushrooms, washed and chopped;
- 1 cup carrots, chopped into small pieces;
- 1 cup green peas, shelled;
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 50 g. cheese, grated;
- 3 tsp. sugar;
- 2 tsp. chilli powder;
- salt to taste;
- 2 tbsp. ghee.