Jamie's Cranberry Spinach Salad
Submitted by yusufi786 on Tue, 2008-09-02 17:53
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Toss with spinach just before serving.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 pound spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil