Peanut Colacassia Green Curry
2 - green chillies, slit vertically
¼ tsp - each mustard & cumin seeds
3 pinches - asafetida powder
2 pinches - garam masala powder
¼ tsp - turmeric powder
¼ tsp - coriander seed powder
½ cup - grated cheese or paneer
2 tbsp - oil
1 tbsp - ghee or butter
½ tsp - sugar
Grind Together to a Thick Smooth Puree:
¼ cup - bengal gram, boiled, with its water
10 to 12 - colocassia leaves, chopped roughly, boiled drained
10 to 12 - spinach leaves chopped roughly, boiled drained
½ cup - fresh cream
Grind to a Paste:
2 - green chillies
3 to 4 flakes - garlic
1 - onion
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan.
- Add seeds, asafetida, bay leaf allow to splutter.
- Add ground paste, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add nuts, masala powders, salt, sugar, saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add puree, stirring continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes till gravy is thick and leaves side of vessel.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Heat ghee in a small pan, add chillies.
- Pour while sizzling, on top of curry.
- Garnish with grated paneer or cheese.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.