250 gms cottage cheese (Paneer)
3 onion (Pyaj)
4 - 5 cloves garlic (Lasun)
1 " long piece ginger (Adrak)
4 tomato (Tamatar)
coriander leaves (Dhania Patta)
2 fresh red chillies
1/2 tsp cumin Seed (Jeera)
1 tsp coriander seeds powder (Dhania Powder)
1/2 tsp red chili powder (Lal Mirchi)
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tblsp groundnut (Moong Fali) powder
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp lime or lemon juice (Nimbu)
2 tblsp clarified butter (Ghee)
Paneer Coconut Curry
Submitted by rehanak55 on Thu, 2007-04-05 11:11
- Cut paneer in squares.
- Grind onions to a paste.
- Grind tomatoes finely.
- Grind ginger, garlic to a paste.
- Chop coriander leaves very finely.
- Chop fresh red chillies very finely.
- Roast the groundnuts and grind them to a fine paste.
- To make coconut milk, grate fresh coconut and mince in a grinder with 1 cup of water. Sieve the mixture and coconut milk is ready.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan.
- Add cumin seed, onion and fry till it turns pink, stirring continously.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and stir it for 1 minute
- Now add tomato and fresh red chilly.
- Cook for sometime and then add tomato.
- Continue cooking it on medium flame till ghee/oil begins to separate.
- Add coriander seeds powder, red chili powder, salt, sugar, peanuts powder, coconut milk.
- Add the paneer pieces and let the gravy cook till it thickens.
- Take off the fire and serve hot garnish it with well chopped coriander leaves.