Mutton Peas Curry
Submitted by zainab_y on Thu, 2010-06-03 06:07
- 1/2 kg. mutton;
- 75 g. gram flour;
- 50 g. shelled peas;
- 3 large tomatoes;
- 3 onions;
- 4 cloves garlic;
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped fine;
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds;
- 2 tsp. coriander powder;
- 1/2 tsp cummin seeds;
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder;
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder;
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder;
- a pinch of asafoetida;
- a small piece of ginger;
- a small pinch of soda bi carb;
- salt to taste;
- water as required;
- Make a thick batter with gram flour, water and soda bi carb. Heat ghee in a deep frying pan. Drop batter through a perforated spoon and fry for 1-2 minutes and keep the balls aside.
- Peel the yam and cut into square pieces. Lightly fry mutton pieces.
- Grind together ginger-garlic and poppy seeds.
- Heat two tbsp. ghee in a dekchi, fry grated onions and then the ginger-paste till light brown. Add asafoetida, cummin seeds and spices then chopped and peeled tomatoes. Fry till the tomatoes are cooked. Stir well, add mutton pieces, gram flour balls, peas and little water. Cover the dekchi and cook on a low flame.