Hot and Sour Soup
Submitted by rehanak55 on Mon, 2007-03-26 05:51
- 6 tea cups chicken stock
- 1 teacup shredded chicken raw
- 2 tsp. each of shredded bamboo shoots & capsicum
- 3-4 tsp. bean sprouts
- 3tsp each of shredded carrot & cabbage
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. vinegar
- 4 tsp. cornflour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. each pepper and chilly powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. oil
- In a pan bring chicken stock to boil
- Add chicken pieces - cook for 5 min.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5 min on low flame.
- Add salt, sugar, Ajinomoto, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar.
- Cook till the vegetables & chicken are tender.
- Add cornflour -water mixture, bring to boil & remove from gas.
- Gradually add in lightly beaten egg.
- In a spoon heat oil & add chili powder, add this chili oil to soup.