Submitted by rehanak55 on Mon, 2007-03-26 05:42
Fish -- 1 pound (with bones removed)
Ginger Paste -- 1 tsp.
Lemon Juice -- 1 tbsp.
Green Chillies -- 3 medium sized
Egg White -- 1
Corn Flour -- 2 tbsp.
Coriander Leaves -- 1tbsp. (chopped)
Cumin -- 1 tsp.
Coriander Seed Powder -- 1 tsp.
Cinnamon Powder -- a pinch
Garlic Paste -- 1 tsp.
Onion -- 1 medium sized (chopped finely)
Salt to taste
Cooking oil for deep frying
- Make diagonal slits on the fish and then steam it for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently mash it along with the remaining ingredients.
- Make mixture into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly.
- In a wide skillet heat oil on medium and when hot gently place the cutlets in the skillet.
- Let it fry for two minutes and then turn upside down. Both sides must be golden brown. Do not fry for too long as the taste can become slightly bitter.
- Serve hot. It is a good appetizer.