Dil Pasand Arbi
Submitted by zainab_y on Thu, 2010-06-03 04:35
- BOIL arbi in a pressure cooker for five minutes. Cool, peel and cut into pieces of desired sizes.
- Make a smooth paste with curd and gram flour. Add two cups of water, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder to it.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, add curry leaves and mustard seeds. When they splutter, add onions and ginger-garlic paste, and fry till golden brown. Add arbi pieces and fry for five minutes. Add the curd-gram flour mixture to it, and let it simmer till the ghee floats on top and the gravy is thick. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatis or parathas.
- 500 g. Arbi;
- 1/2 cup curd;
- 2 onions, chopped fine;
- 1 tbsp. gram flour;
- 2 tsp. ginger-garlic paste;
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds;
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder;
- a spring of curry leaves;
- chilli powder and salt to taste;
- 2 cups water; ghee.