Crisp Coconut Chops
Submitted by zainab_y on Thu, 2010-06-03 04:42
- Heat two tbsp. ghee. Add onions and fry till light brown. Add green peas. Saute well. Add a little water and cook covered till done. Add paneer, chopped green chillies, salt and pepper. Fry well till almost dry. Remove from heat. When cool, add the chopped coriander leaves, capsicums, grated coconut and lime juice. Mix well. Check the seasoning and keep aside.
- Mash the potatoes with two tbsp. ghee, salt and pepper till smooth. Divide the mashed potato into large lemon sized portions. Roll each portion into a cup-like shape. Put a little prepared filling in it. Seal the edges and roll into oval shaped chops.
- Add a little water to the cornflour and mix to a smooth thin paste. Dip the prepared chops in the cornflour paste and roll in breadcrumbs. Heat ghee in a kadai and deep fry the chops till well browned.
- Serve with tomato sauce
- 500 g. potatoes, boiled and peeled;
- 250 g. paneer, crumbled;
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs;
- 3 capsicums, chopped;
- 1/2 cup shelled green peas;
- 4 tbsp. grated coconut;
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped fine;
- 2 onions, chopped;
- 1 tbsp. cornflour;
- 5-6 green chillies, chopped fine;
- juice of 1/2 lemon;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- 4 tbsp. ghee;
- ghee for deep frying.