Coconut Milk Payasam
Submitted by rehanak55 on Mon, 2007-03-26 06:28
- Rice 1/4 cup
- Coconut 1 (Big)
- Jaggery 3/4 cup
- Cardamom 2
- Cashew nuts 4
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Clean and wash the rice.
- Grind coconut and extract milk.
- Cook the rice in the coconut milk till the rice is soft and smooth.
- Dissolve the jaggery in the coconut milk till the jaggery is completely dissolved and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the stove and mix it with the cooked rice well.
- Add the crushed cardamoms and cashew nuts fried in ghee to the mixture (payasam).
- Add the coconut milk to the payasam and serve.