Submitted by rehanak55 on Thu, 2007-04-19 09:37
1 cup each: sugar, milk, whipping cream, unsweetened grated coconut
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 tablespoons sliced pistachios or almonds
- Heat sugar, milk, cream and coconut to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until mixture becomes very thick and starts to leave the side of the pan, about 50 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered 8-inch square baking dish/tray. I lined the tray with aluminum foil and ghee'ed (new word alert!) the foil.
- Sprinkle with cardamom powder and nuts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 8 hours.
- Cut into 1 inch diamonds or squares.