Chicken Curry with Mango and Cream
Submitted by rehanak55 on Mon, 2007-03-26 06:19
- Wash chicken under cold water. Pat fry with absorbent paper. Cut chicken into 3 cm wide strips.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add onion, chilli and ginger and cook until the onion is soft and golden.
- Cook the saffron strands in a dry pan over a low heat until dry and crisp, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Place strands in a bowl; crush with the back of a spoon. Add hot water to dissolve. Add the chicken strips, salt, pepper and cardamoms to onion mixture in a pan and stir to coat the chicken with spices.
- Add saffron to the pan with the cream. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins.
- Peel mangoes and slice flesh from the stone. Add to the pan and cook a further 4 mins.
- Until the mango is heated through and slightly softened.
- To make Mint and Yoghurt Raita :
- Mix ingredients together. Serve chilled.
- 750 gms. chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsps. ghee or oil
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies
- seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. saffron strands
- 1 tbsp. hot water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamoms
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 ripe mangies or 1 x 425 gms. can mango
- sliced and drained.
- Mint and Yoghurt Raita
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 green chilli
- seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt.