Black Pepper Chicken
Submitted by qadirt on Wed, 2008-02-06 09:57
1/2 kg boneless chicken
5-6 tbsp Black pepper (ground coarsely)
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp ajino-moto
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 small onion(chopped fine)
2 green chilies (slit long)
1/2 inch ginger (grated)
4 garlic cloves(grated)
1 1/2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 cup cold water
parsley/cilantro chopped to garnish
3 cups water
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Marinate the chicken with 1 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp Black Pepper Powder and salt, for about 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp black pepper powder a small pot for about 2 minutes. Add the marinated chicken ans stir for 5 minutes till chicken is semi cooked. Pour in the water and boil the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain out the pepper water and chicken separately. Shred the chicken pieces using a grater or fork.
- In a wok or a non-stick pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Add the chopped onion and cook till pink. Add the grated ginger and garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add the slit green chillies and the chicken and the remaining black pepper powder and mix completely.
- Add the soya sauce, ajino-moto,remaining vinegar,salt and the drained out pepper water.
- Bring this mixture to a boil.Now stir in the cornflour and water mixture and keep on heat till the required thickness.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with Ginger Rice, Fried Rice, Butter Naan, Garlic Bread etc.
30 to 40 Mins